Culture Days returns to the North Shore on September 30, October 1 & 2, 2016. Since its inception in 2010, Culture Days has become a vibrant portal to increase the awareness, participation and engagement of Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities in well over 800 cities and towns across the country. The North Shore is invited to participate in a wide range of FREE, hands-on activities over the Culture Days weekend.
- The 7th annual Culture Days happens September 30, October 1 & 2, 2016. North Shore arts, culture and heritage groups interested in presenting an event can find information and opportunities right here.
- BC Culture Days invites all B.C. artists to apply to be a 2016 Culture Days Ambassador in their community. Winners will receive $1,000 towards community activation and production of a Culture Days activity! The Culture Days Ambassador acts as a spokesperson for BC Culture Days and as a community mobilizer throughout the summer leading up to the Culture Days weekend. 2016 Culture Days Ambassador application deadline is June 15, 2016.
- North Shore Culture Days returns September 30, October 1 & 2, 2016 with lots of free activities for the artist in everyone! This year, activities will happen in "Community Activity Hubs" located in popular gathering places throughout North Vancouver. Think of it as 'one stop shopping' where the public can easily access a variety of hands-on and participatory activities in each Hub.
- Culture Days is a collaborative coast-to-coast volunteer movement to raise the awareness, accessibility, participation and engagement of Canadians in the arts and cultural life of their communities. In North Vancouver, local activity organizers invite the public to engage in variety of free, hands-on arts experiences happening in community activity hubs
- Culture Days' announces its Top Ten Cities & Towns for 2015 and lists North Vancouver as #7 in the population category 50,000 to 499,999 with the highest number of registered Culture Days activities. North Shore Culture Days has been on the top #10 list since 2013.
- Hosting an event during the 2016 North Shore Culture Days weekend is a wonderful way to engage with community by offering ‘hands-on’ activities, lectures, demo's, or ‘behind-the-scenes’ experiences. Use the opportunity to promote your regular activities, nurture existing audiences, and develop new supporters.
- Whether you are a new or a well established studio tour, cross promotion with North Shore Culture Days can help get the word out about your event. Culture Days has a wealth of promotional tools and templates that are beneficial to studio tours.
- Turn your volume up and check out Culture Days’ Highlight Reel for inspiration and creative ideas on how to get involved! You'll find even more inspiration for North Shore Culture Days.